Why this Blog

Hi. Welcome to my blog. I want to live a healthy life and have it be a habit. Not just a diet for a short change. Thus, the title for this blog. All things in moderation. Here I will share my ups and downs as I struggle for a moderate lifestyle. I hope you will come along and maybe we can learn together.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Points System

I'm taking a break from weighing myself. I don't know if this is a good idea or not. But, I need to get focused on a healthy LIFESTYLE. Not just on losing weight. I started a points system to this end and have a goal to do this for at least one month straight before weighing myself again. I can't get excel to copy and paste my chart so I'll reprint it here.

Food: (these are all 5 points each because this is my hardest category to keep to! Plus, I'm giving myself an extra 6 points if I get everything in the food category)
Write down everything eat - 5
No eating after 7pm - 5
No white flour - 5
No sugar - 5
4 servings fruits and veggies - 5
Take vitams - 5

Exercise
60 min daily - 5
(I tend to OVER exercise at times so I'm not too worried about this category)

Spiritual:
Read Scriptures - 1
Pray - 1
Read a book of choice (educational and fun) - 1

Kids/Homeschooling:
Read for fun to them - 1
'Devotional' - scripturs, prayer, song, flag - 1
Math - 1
PE - 1
Game - 1
Other reading - 1

Total points possible pre day - 50



2 comments:

  1. What are the points for? so far I am enjoying your posts, because everyone I follow has been an inspiration!!! Way to go! Keep up the great work! -if you are wondering who I am I noticed you were on the babycenter.com thing and that is how I found you, you are doing the loose weight thing on for Mothers. I hope it is not too wierd that I am following you, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The points were a system I set up for myself but it ended up not working so well! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete