Why this Blog

Hi. Welcome to my blog. I want to live a healthy life and have it be a habit. Not just a diet for a short change. Thus, the title for this blog. All things in moderation. Here I will share my ups and downs as I struggle for a moderate lifestyle. I hope you will come along and maybe we can learn together.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend update and today

Weekend didn't go as well with eating as I had planned. But, I got two really good workouts in.

Today:

Exercise:
ran 2 miles in 18 minutes (includes warm up). I gradually increased my speed from 5mph until I got to 8mph and stayed there for about 3 minutes.
1 minute sprints (9 or 9mph) with 1 min rest in between
I then did a few minutes of weights with a sprint in between (11mph sprint for 30 seconds). I did three more sprints total.
I then did some more weights and a little bit on the elliptical.
I plan to do ab jam as well tonight and possibly take the kiddos to the park this evening so they can ride their bikes.

Food: - Again, where I REALLY struggle. I am planning everything out the night before and sticking with it. No carbs after 2pm. I'll do another post with more of the 'rules' I'm following with my diet. Basically, it is South Beach phase 2.

Breakfast - 3 eggs with fresh salsa
Snack - didn't eat it as I wasn't hungry
Lunch - Moroccan Lentil Soup with lf sour cream and lf mozzarella, medium apple
Dinner - grilled steak with salad
Snack - v8, cottage cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment