Why this Blog

Hi. Welcome to my blog. I want to live a healthy life and have it be a habit. Not just a diet for a short change. Thus, the title for this blog. All things in moderation. Here I will share my ups and downs as I struggle for a moderate lifestyle. I hope you will come along and maybe we can learn together.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Advantages Response Card

These are the reasons I want to lose weight. I have these typed on index cards and I put them up all over the house. I make sure to read them at least twice a day.

Reasons I Want to Lose Weight
· I’ll look better
· I’ll be smaller when family comes to visit (June)
· I won’t be obsessed with how I look
· I will feel light and healthy as I don’t over eat
· I’ll be able to wear all those nice, smaller clothes in my closet
· I will set a good example to my children of good health
· I’ll be free of cravings and desires for unhealthy food
· My mind will not be full of trying to decide whether to eat bad foods or not
· I will not be as self-conscious
· I will be able to go to social events w/o embarrassment or worrying about overeating
· Food will not make up so much of my life
· I’ll get more compliments
Reasons I Want to Lose Weight, contd.

· I can feel proud of myself
· I’ll be in better health
· I’ll be able to exercise harder and enjoy it more
· I’ll enjoy intimacy more
· I’ll increase my self-esteem
· I will feel better about myself and thus able to be more patient with others
· This WILL make me a better wife and mother
· I can spend more time on other interests besides food and eating (reading, playing, education, homeschool, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment